Core Training is fundamental to any training program.
Core integrity is the foundation to any successful exercise program. Train it well! A core assessment will provide you with insight into the exercises that will most benefit you.
A common complaint from the postnatal population is the persistence of a distended abdomen, or “Mummy Tummy”. Kate’s training will rehabilitate the abdominal wall, heal Diastasis Recti and flatten the belly.
Diastasis recti is a core dysfunction, most often accompanied by lower back pain, pelvic floor symptoms such as incontinence, and in many cases pelvic girdle pain. A core dysfunction can progress to pelvic organ prolapse and surgery.
Functional core rehabilitation repatterns the inner unit, or Core 4, strengthening all aspects of the core with synergy. This will restore core function and can strengthen to lift early onset of pelvic organ prolapse. Including deep core work in every program supports more optimal core function through life, alleviating the debilitating symptoms of a dysfunctional core.
Mummy Tummy and incontinence are fitness issues not medical conditions! If you are suffering these symptoms your core needs retraining. Kate has the tools to help.
To determine the severity of your diastasis you need to know two things:
- The distance between the two muscles.
- The condition of the connective tissue.
A functional core creates tension to support movement, so these two considerations determine the severity of the core dysfunction. Diastasis recti and pelvic floor problems like stress and/or urgency incontinence can also progress to pelvic organ prolapse and surgery.
The good news is that a diastasis can be closed no matter when or how it was created. Kate’s core training will rehabilitate your abdominal wall, heal Diastasis Recti and flatten your belly.
Your Core Matters
Diastasis Recti (aka. “Mummy Tummy”) stress incontinence & pelvic floor problems (leaking), pelvic girdle pain, and many more problems are all related to your core strength. That’s why core training is fundamental to any of Kate’s training programs. Achieve your fitness goals now and avoid problems in the future!
Core Assessments include:
– Naval & waist measurements, Diastasis separation measurement in 3 locations, connective tissue strength assessment; relative pelvic floor strength; glute strength assessment L/R and pelvic stability; release stretches as required.
– Core Flexibility routines: Warm Up (Dynamic) & Cool Down (Static)
– Core ABC’s- alignment, breathing and control/coordination
Core Training Encompasses:
– Customized and safe Core strength exercises with focus on core form throughout exercises, i.e. pelvic tilt, transverse control, pelvic floor- during/post diastasis recti rehab, with progressions for longer term strength programs
– Workout Guidelines & Sample Schedules
– Regular Core Assessments (every 4-6 weeks)